Edited to Add: I totally thought I'd hit publish on this early this morning. The party just ended and all is cleaned up. I came in to write about the party and realized I'd never hit the magic button. OOPS!
On this busy Wednesday morning, and especially since I posted one of my longest posts ever last night... a list.
Ten things I did yesterday:
- Spent an hour on the phone dealing wit the cabin flood.
- Picked up most of the food for Mom's birthday party.
- Picked up her gift.
- Assembled her gift.
- Had a huge challenge with the assembly, returned to the store, replaced, repaired and reassembled the gift.
- Went to visit a friend in the hospital.
- Made a fun dinner before sending everyone off to YM/YW.
- Made about twenty to do lists for the party.
- Wrote a very long blog entry before I forgot details.
- Bought a Gift Card
Nine people I spoke with yesterday:
- The Restoration company
- A furniture/appliance company.
- My sister-in-law
- My other sister-in law
- My brother-in-law
Eight things I'll do today:
- Prepare a, hopefully, fantastic meal for thirteen Doug's mother, his siblings and their spouses.
- Set a wonderful table.
- Make some cute table favors.
- Check on a friend who's home from the hospital today.
- pick up some baking dishes
- get some folding chairs from Denise (I miss storing Liza and Buddy's! We always had extra!)
- Finaliza the preparation for Mom's gift
- Hopefully, have time for a nice long soak in the tub while the rolls are rising (Dreaming, I know.)
Seven things I am going to do once the party is over:
- Paint my living room and entry way!
- Plan next month's party!
- Read the monthly book group book
- Change the Easter Tablescape in the living room
- Do a lot of paperwork/legwork/cybersurfing regarding the cabin flood situation (for insurance purposes)
- Plan and then plant our garden
- Have a party with the babes since they've been excluded two nights in one week.
Six talents I am so thankful for today:
- The ability to organize
- The ability to create
- The ability to entertain
- The gift of discernment
- The gift of gab
- The gift of being a pretty decent cook, if I do say so myself!
Five things on my want list right now:
- A new Sony Vaio!
- A monthly vacation to someplace with warm beaches and an ocean breeze (Hey! It's my WISH list, not my reality list!)
- New flip-flops/sandals for every day of the week and the weather to wear them!
- New curtains for the gallery
- Since I'm dreaming, a new bigscreen TV for the family room and a new little flatscreen for the gallery
Four people I'm so grateful for today:
- My husband... Not that this is news or anything.
- My sister-in-law, Aleece. LOVE HER!
- A man named Robert who I've not yet met.
- Doug's mom!
Three recipes I'm making today:
- Sundried Tomato Alfredo
- Rhubarb Cake
- Linda's Garlic Bread
Two things I'm anxious about:
- Mom's gift
- the food
One thing I want to know:
- WHERE are those two spring garlands!?!?!?!
That's it. I'm off for a busy and fun day!!