Yesterday, while making an exchange at Deseret Bookstore, I noticed the banner on the wall advertising Time Out for Women, a wonderful music-filled, uplifting, entertaining conference for LDS women, sponsored by Deseret Book. Last year, it was outstanding! I'll not be going this year, but I loved this banner! It had "blog" written all over it! And sooooo... on this busy Saturday morning, I'm creating a very short list of things that make my own a "joyful life"!
- my faith
- my amazing and wonderful, not to mention very good looking husband
- my children, the bigs and the babes, who make me happy and sad and excited and disappointed and give lots of room for me to grow into motherhood
- my family, close and not so close
- my friends, who are more like family
- my home, small but perfect for us
- my health, getting better and better each day
- living in this beautiful, safe and cold-most-of-the-year valley
- my blog, a creative outlet, a place to express the thoughts of my heart, to meet friends
- my gift to create and decorating and the means to do so (see the newest addition to my Willow Tree collection, as well as my new favorite,thanks Nancy!)
- cooking abilities and the opportunities to share good food in and from my kitchen
- our beautiful but weedy garden filled with tomatoes galore!
- music of all kinds that keeps me hopping or dancing or singing or just tapping my feet!
- blue skies and wind and snow and rain and green grass and this beautiful earth we live on
last but not least today, the opportunities and challenges that we have to grow into our best self each and every day!
Destiny is no matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for. It is a thing to be achieved.