A few weekend ramblings.
- Well, I'm sad to share that on Saturday, one of the kids next door fell out of "the" tree. They thought he'd broken his arm but it was only his wrist. The look on ZJ's face when she told me said it all.
- I found a recipe for homemade hot and sour soup. I was telling Denise about the recipe with all of it's funky ingredients. Her response: "Or we could just go to Black Pearl."
- I'd planned on making this tasty sounding cream cheesy corn "stuff" to add to our potato bar yesterday. I made a grocery list of seven items for Doug to pick up on his way home Saturday night. On the list, I had written "1 mild chili". He'd called and asked me what kind of chili. "I don't care. Just a mild one." I didn't care... I just knew that jalepenos and habaneros are too hot, so I just wanted a mild one like a banana pepper. BUT. I didn't elaborate. He came home with Two cans of Nalley's Chili. I asked "Why did you buy Chili? We have a case of it downstairs." He said, "You told me to." I did? We laughed at how easy it is to miscommunicate. No corn stuff yesterday. But, we did have chili.
- Yesterday, after Stake Conference, we went to Carol's for dinner. We took with us all of our old VHS movies from good times that we'd had twenty years ago when Madi was a baby, the bigs were the same age as my babes are now. We laughed and laughed at the fun we had. It was the first time we'd watched them in years. Hearing Carol's husband, Jon's voice brought tears to my eyes. We were amazed at how much Grace looked and sounds like Kelly did at that age. We were equally amazed at how much ZJ looks and sounds like Liza.
On one tape, Dale, Kelly, Liza and I came home for a vacation during our two year time of living in Indiana. Doug wasn't able to leave work for that three week trip. All through the tape, I expressed how much I wish Doug were there and how I missed him. On the last night, after seriously one of the best times of my life, I said, "This has been the best trip of my life. It would have been perfect if Doug were here! But, since he wasn't, it was only 99.9% perfect!" We all laughed and laughed. Last night, as we were saying goodnight, I told Doug how much I love him. He teased back, "I'm glad that having me in your life makes that "point.one" percent difference from perfection." Har-Har, Mr. C.
- The doctor took a look at Gracie's finger and was not happy with how it looked. She's now sporting a metal splint from the wrist to her fingertip. We've invested in some more colorful wrap for it. She now wears orange, purple, red and lime green bandages, color co-ordinating with her outfit of the day. She is such a girl! And he also has said that she'll be keeping it wrapped for another four weeks... basically until the end of school. Whodathunkit?
- It's supposed to be 72 degrees today. Loving the spring weather. On Saturday, we got the flowerbed sprayed with Round-up to start it over once again and planted the carrots and spinach. LOVELY! Now comes the waiting part while the weeds and old stuff dies before we can start over. I'm so not a gardener.
- My brother, Rick, has offered to help Quayd and Doug build a "mancave" type treehouse in our backyard. Quayd is so so excited!
- Twenty-four more school days left. Summer will be here in no time!
Life is good! Even on mornings where I've tried going back to sleep since 4:14!
A good laugh is sunshine in the house!