1. During dinner last night, I received a photo by text and a few minutes later, a call from Zaylee!! It made my day! She talked with the kids and Doug, as well. She said that they have a baby raccoon and she's learning to skateboard. WHAT? She asked us all to come to her new house, which is heartbreaking, but, it does mean that she's thinking of us.
2. Doug calls every day on his way home from work to say that he's on his way and to ask if there's anything that I need at the grocery store. Last night, as we were hanging up, he said, "I love you, Babe." I said, "I love you more." I do that with the kids all the time but I've never said it to him, so he was a bit taken back. He stopped for a few minutes and finally responded, "Oh yeh. Well, I love you more morefullyness." I do love that man.
3. Today's the last full day of school. All three of them have huge activities and fun. Tomorrow, just a short short day, long enough for yearbook signing. And let the summer begin!!!
4. Yesterday, Natalie and I did our errand running together then had lunch at Chili's. No sooner than we'd sat down, Kevin, one of the managers came out and said, "Sophia! Lookie, Lookie! I brought you a cookie!" and he served us the best brownies as an appetizer! It was a simple looking recipe... Brownie, layered with marshmallow cream, covered with broken, not crushed graham crackers and then topped with broken pieces of hershey bars. OH MY HECK! I've never been a marshmallow fan and will eat maybe one S'more a summer. BUT, this was gooo0-oooooD stuff!!!
5. Today, I'm picking Taylor up from school, her last day and then we'll spend the afternoon together...a little vampire time...before my kids come home. I've missed her! Tonight is ZJ's late night at the school. Doug is chaperoning. ZJ attends a school that is 100 years old this year. This latenight event is a tradition for the graduating students. They get to go up on the roof of the school, as well as down into "the dungeons", which never get to be entered by students except at this one event each year... a rite of passage. She can't wait!!!
6. We're waiting till this afternoon to find out if Doug has to work this weekend or not. If not, we're thinking of a fun "Way to start the summer" activity. More on that later!
7. Liza began her new job at the new branch this week. On her first day, Tuesday, she called me as soon as she got home. She said, "Hiiiiiiiii! I'm hommmmmme! I clocked out exactly five minutes ago and I'm standing in my living room!" This is huge for her, after a year of riding the bus and light rail for two and a half hours after work every day that Buddy worked or had late classes. ZJ made a comment yesterday morning... "Mom, Liza and Buddy sure are having lots of blessings in their life right now, aren't they? Why do you think that they are?" Without a thought, I was able to respond, "Because Liza and Buddy are making so many good choices and doing so much good in their lives, they are definitely being blessed." She agreed.
8. As I've mentioned, for the past few weeks, my escape from reality has been Vampire Diaries on DVD. This is so not anything that I'd ever indulge in. EVER. I'm not a sci-fi or fantasy fan. Never have been. And this show is simply sick and wrong. But, it's definitely taken my mind off of reality. After watching a few episodes, I went into the bathroom. It was broad daylight. As I came out of the bathroom, I opened the door and Doug was standing there in the doorway, in a statuesque pose, looking down at me as though he was "compelling" me, like the vampires do. I didn't expect him to be standing there and I about jumped out of my skin. He's still laughing.
9. Two words. S'more brownies. Okay. Three words. Seriously!
1o. Life is good.
Think happy. BE happy!