A little rambling...I've decided that Lazy days of summer is no more. It's more like CRAZY days of summer. Our June is insane!
- The cute Goldendoodle, Bodi, that the kids found yesterday quickly won his way into our hearts. I'd notified the officials that we had him. The dog-catcher called at dinnertime to let me know that his owner had called. When the owner came to pick him up, ZJ was in tears. To be totally honest, I was somewhat relieved. In the short time we had him, he'd chewed my iPhone cable, a stuffed animal and peed on my kitchen floor. I had forgotten what it's like to have a big dog! We'll definitely look into having one when we are on our next search for a pup. hmmm.
- I had the strangest dream a few days ago...I was cleaning a kitchen cabinet and when I moved an open box of saltine crackers, these giant bright colored ladybug looking roaches, about fifty of them, scrambled out in every direction! We were trying to catch them all before they spread all over the house and multiplied. Then I woke up. SO strange. Then, I had to ask myself, "What do I need to stop before it gets out of control?" Thinking. Pondering. Sometimes I have to wonder if those dreams come because of some commercial on TV or what I ate or do they really mean something? hmmm.
- The MRI for my knee was quite an experience. I kept my eyes closed from the second I climbed up on the bed/tray. The tech put earplugs deep into my ears and I checked out mentally. The process took a very long 25 minutes. I closed my eyes and spent the first while praying. I was nervous and claustrophobic and thought that best. After what seemed like an hour, I started knocking out walls in my home and re-arranging my furniture (in my mind). After that "project", I arranged my furniture in Natalie's home, then I moved it into the cabin at the ranch. At about that point, the tech said, "Sophia, you're doing great! You're into the second half." Holy cow! It had seemed like two hours! BUT. The results are that, if I'm brave enough, I'll be having my torn meniscus repaired in two weeks. There's something about July and me and the hospital...we have a standing date. Ugh. However, it will be wonderful to walk again without pain! hmmmm.
- Our summer Book of Mormon reading goal is not going to happen. Six pages a day is too much when we are all racing in every direction. I've decided that this will be my own personal goal for the summer and we'll just read the Book of Mormon at a better pace with a goal of finishing it before the years end. Trying to be realistic and keep things real. Hmmmm.
- The kids are hoping to get into the pool today. It's supposed to be in the low 80s this afternoon. The water is still in the low 60s. It will be a short swim, I'm sure, but they'll be glad to say that they did it. Crazy, but cold. Hmmmm.
- Life is good!
Always pray to have eyes that see the best in people,
a heart that forgives the worst, mind that forgets the bad
and an soul that never loses faith in God.