Well, I had a post all ready to proof this morning and when I woke up, my computer had done a security check and shut down. Gone. My bad. Hence... a completely random rambling about nothing today.
- Today, we have absolutely nothing on our calendar. We plan to bake cookies, get in the pool (at least, the kids do), do some laundry, work in the garden, play some games and read. That's it! Our first day so far, since school let out, that we've not had some excitement lurking.
- Speaking of excitement... into the middle of the night, my phone beeped with tweet updates that there was a fugitive on the run in Logan. That's six miles away from here, but Quayd and his cousin were in the trailer sleeping. (The first and only time with no adults this year.) To wake them and have them come inside or not since we couldn't lock the doors with them out there? I even woke Doug to ask. OF COURSE, Doug said, "Let them sleep." I think that he wanted to say,"Let me sleep." But, he's kind. wink!wink! I did let them sleep. But, I didn't! I'm really working on the "not being overprotective mother". And we wonder why? ... The girls had had a sleepover at Nana's. They came home this morning and said that she wouldn't let them play on her porch because "There's a dangerous man in handcuffs on the loose." She stood and watched them walk all the way home... all five houses up the street. Because bad guys in handcuffs always come out on bright sunshiny mornings and go after three girls carrying their pillows across the street. See, I'm working on it.
- Yesterday was spent making crafty things for girls camp and getting Grace ready, although it's not yet. I am just trying to make sure I'm not doing things last minute. She's so excited and ZJ is so dang jealous that she's not 12 yet! Next year, Zeej. Next year.
- There's birds in the cherry trees already. Dang birds! The cherries are looking so inviting already! How could they not be!? The trees are right against my window and I am the live scarecrow. I've got to look into netting for the trees this year.
- The kids job chart is working amazingly well this year. I've simplified the list and they know that they jobs are done before anything else. They are noticing that the house is much cleaner when they are actively a part of things. We're also working on the challenge of "Rather than criticizing someone for not doing something that you see that needs done, do it yourself!" So far, so good. It's helped with the spirit in our home too. Work together as a team! They are getting it!
- Doug texted back! I sent him a text today and he immediately texted back! He's joining this century! This is huge progress for my awesome wonderful and most humorous granola-man! I heart him!
- Life is good...even with bad guys in handcuffs running on the loose, birds trying to get to our cherries before we do and mothers who send us a little over the edge at times. Life is good!
- I love this quote!!! From Pinterest, of course.