A sweet weekend, indeed! Love it! We got a little teeny bit of snow...most of it as we drove through Logan Canyon, but, no complaints here...except maybe about the people driving 17 mph in it! Here's a little Christmas cheer this morning...
Something old: It's back!!! HAPPINESS! If you've never tried it, you're really missing out!
Something new: Carol told me about these a few weeks ago. OH MY! She used one roll per square on her square waffle iron. They cook in no time. Much quicker than baking. This would be a fun Christmas morning treat!
These centerpieces were used at our Ward Christmas Party this weekend. I'd seen them on Pinterest but they are so much prettier "in person". So simple and quick, yet beautiful! Christmas candles Layer the bottom with greenery, and then add a handful or two of cranberries. Pour water into the jar, causing the cranberries to float to the top. Insert a floating candle. Ours were filled with pine twigs and less cranberries, which I actually preferred.
Something to do: At the Ward Party, this weekend, we'd all been assigned to bring scissors. No one knew why. When we arrived, everyone was given the option of creating a snowflake or creating a Red, Green and White pipecleaner ornament. Everyone got busy creating some amazing ornaments and snowflakes. A fun activity, an inexpensive and awesome way to decorate for the party while waiting for everyone to arrive. If nothing else, that dollar pack of pipe cleaners could keep some kids busy for hours. After the meal, prizes were given to the winning favorites. Simple, inexpensive. FUN for all ages. Quayd even won second place for his Santa and sleigh.
- Friday, Doug and I spent the day shopping and having a bite at Chili's for lunch. We came home and I made dinner for Natalie. Her eight year old had surgery on a broken nose, so I took over some chicken noodle soup and cornbread. I saw her fun Christmas decor, we visited an hour then I brought home one of her Lab, Lucy's pups.
- The kids were crazy excited! This little guy weighed about 20 pounds, four times as much as Go-Go, who wasn't amused by all the attention Tank got. After an hour, the pup "ran out of gas" and took a nap under my coffee table. TOO cute. I had to take about 20 pix of him. Of course, the kids think we need one of Lucy's pups, but like I told them, we can borrow them every litter, so no need! It was our afternoon pleasure!
- Our ward Christmas party was casual, simple and very fun! The food was fabulous and a short simple program, which is always nice. It's a good ward we live in. It was fun to see the new Bishopric mingling with the ward members in their new positions. Good men! Great leaders! It's going to be fun to watch the transition.
- On Saturday, Quayd came into the kitchen and said, "Mom, I need my brother!" So, I called Dave and Katie to see if we could find a time to get Quayd and his half-brother together. Dave and Katie said, "How bout tonight!" So, off in the snow, we headed to visit them. We spent the evening together, catching up, watching the kids play and just having a good time. Dave and Katie have a lovely new home, which I was drooling over every inch. They both have tons of talent and it's awesome! The kids had a ball. Doug and Dave went out and picked up take-out for dinner...the best Philly Steak and Cheese sandwich ever! Please pass one for breakfast this morning! I'd brought my camera but, we were on the way home, when I realized that I'd not taken any pix. I like the idea of getting together enough that we don't feel like we need the camera every time because it's "normal"! Oh, how grateful we are for these awesome families who've adopted our grandchildren and that we get to still be a part of their lives! SWEET! We've set a date already for our next time with Jason. Watching him with Quayd and the girls is just fun. They definitely love each other.
- When Collin Raye popped up on my Christmas playlist, Saturday morning, I mentioned to Doug that he is performing in Logan soon. Doug knows how much I love Collin Raye. He's a good finder and a good doer with such a beautiful voice. We LOVE his performances (he just gives and gives and gives!) and his Christmas CD is one of my all-time favorites. A few minutes later, Doug said, "Merry Christmas" and I was printing off the tickets for tonight's show! Later, we realized that Doug may end up going into work at 2AM. If that's the case, he'll be in bed at 6PM and won't be able to take me to the show and we won't know until this afternoon. While I'm grateful for the overtime, I really want this date night with my sweetheart! Either way, I get to see Collin Raye again!! HAPPINESS!
- It was a quiet Sunday at home and church. Love the new Bishopric, Love teaching Sunday School, LOVE spending time with the family at home in our jammies!
Today... Lunch with Nat, a few items to grab while in town, a stop at Sam's Club and a few other random things to do. I've decided to host a Paparazzi Open House on Thursday evening. So, there's treats to prepare for that. It's going to be a normal December week...the calendar fills up more and more by the hour. I am LOVING this December. I'm anxious for Liza and Buddy's visit and the big day, but I'm really trying to "coast" and make the most of the days instead of wishing it was here already! Life is good!