A few other short ramblings and a bit about Grace's birthday, since it falls into Christmas Break. She hates that! Grace opted for Oatmeal and icecream for breakfast, a morning treasure hunt, Pizza Pie Cafe for lunch before we took Jason to his dad, and then Grape Jelly Meatballs and Rice for dinner. After dinner, she chose, for her birthday cake, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bar cookies covered with ice cream, hot chocolate syrup and caramel. The Bs and Connie came over for dessert. She said that being fourteen was better than she even thought it could be!
Her personal fridge was one of the hiding places... perfect place to hide yogurt, string cheese and candy! I keep waiting for Quayd and ZJ to ask for a fridge in their room too, but so far, we're safe!
One surprise gift was a new set of headphones...the exact kind that a "cute popular boy" on the bus has. HELP ME! I'm so not ready for "Cute popular boys"!
That's really strange...you can't see the candles, just the flame. Stott kept insisting that there were only thirteen candles. I recounted several times just to make sure that there were fourteen!
A few remaining ramblings that I want to remember from the holidays and other things...
- Grace during our fondue party on New Years Eve: "Mom, your the Bomb!!!"
- Kelly bought Zaylee one of those little Barbie Jeeps that she can get in and drive around in for Christmas. Zaylee was driving around their yard and decided to drive over to our house. Kelly walked behind her. The battery died when she got to our corner. (They live about 12 houses away around the corner.) Zaylee gave me a big hug and said, "Gwammie! I dwove to your house in my Bahbie Jeep and I wan out of gas!" It was hysterical!
- Zaylee was convinced that Santa didn't come to her house at all. It was with tears in her eyes that she told us, she "didn't see the reindeer." It was almost heartbreaking to hear her tell us that he'd been to all the other children's home but hers. I was touched that Kelly stopped playing cards with us to go and have a little talk and explain to Zaylee that Santa was the one who'd been there and left some of the presents. She was a happy camper after that. Too funny, the perceptions of little kids.
- Doug and I were lying in bed on New Years Eve, just about ready to fall alseep. He asked, "2012 has been good to us, hasn't it?" I laid there for a minute and said, "Well, if you take out my brother's drama, not recovering fully six months later from both knees having surgery, a rogue bathroom door breaking two bones in my toe and nerve-damage on my foot, Kevin kidnapping Zaylee for three months, Kelly going to jail, meeting an awesome man and then getting back with Kevin when he returned, the elections and some serious demented tragedies that occurred in the world this past year, it's been perfect." Doug thought for a sec and said, "Yeh, 2013 is gonna be great!" It was a good year...a good year for growth and learning! LOTS of LEARNING!
- This is totally random, but it makes me laugh everytime I think of it and I keep forgetting to get it recorded! On Thanksgiving Day, Liza and I talked just before we were ready to sit down to dinner. Dad was here, the best meal of the year was going on the table. I said, "Well, we need to go. The first batch of rolls is about to come out of the oven, so it's time to eat!" We said our goodbyes. Everyone gathered at the table. We blessed the food. We began eating. 15 minutes later, I received this text from Buddy, who knows me all too well: Don't forget about that last batch of rolls in the oven. Buddy is funny. Har-har.
- Liza was called to serve in the Young Womens Presidency in her Arizona ward! I'm so happy for her! She set a goal to read the Book of Mormon in two months and today, she finishes it! I cried when she told me she was at the end! I love the Book of Mormon! I love Liza!
- Les Miserables is beautiful. Worth every penny. A MUST see.
- Watching A River Runs Through It with Doug tonight. A first time for me, even though we've owned it for years.
- Life is good.
Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects.