- I. can. not. believe. it's. FEBRUARY! The tree was just up and we were chilling for a three week holiday yesterday! Thankfully, we are past the extreme coldest part of our winter. From here on out, hopefully, we'll have lots of snow that melts just as quick as it came! Just sayin'.
- We're getting our taxes done today. This has to be my least favorite day of the year. I say it every year. I don't know why. We usually get money back. We like our "guy". It should be a happy day. I just don't like the whole experience. Just sayin'.
- Last night, at 5:38, Quayd and I heard three gun shots, then a pause and two more and then a longer pause and one last shot. By the second round, neighbors were outside looking in the same direction...towards Kelly's home a block away. It was eerie. I, along with several other neighbors called dispatch. A few minutes later, there were police out looking for where it came from. It was near Kelly's, but no one could pinpoint where. Rick is staying in a motor home, which is parked at Kelly's while he's preparing to move it south. He, apparently, had heard the shots and they were so close that he was reluctant to even go outside. The police were knocked on doors, asking questions and searching outbuildings in the area. Apparently, they had Rick fill out a police report and returned to him twice because was a "witness". A neighbor was, according to Rick, "freaking out" because the police searched his property. Later, I got a call from another neighbor saying that they had heard police scanner report that they were searching for someone with a gun who was making threats to anyone who got in his way. But, nothing more was ever heard. We locked our doors, turned on the outside lights and several neighbors/friends were back and forth on the phone and facebook messaging, asking if anyone had heard anything. It was quite unnerving. As of now, we know nothing more. That's NOT something we experience in Smithfield. With all the crazy things happening out there, it was just plain creepy. Please pass peace on earth and good will to men! Just sayin'.
- Old friend I had an hour long visit with an old friend last night. We discussed second marraiges with children. I've lived it as a child. Not fun. I've witnessed it up close and personal with a few friends. My hat is off to any couple who can get through the years of raising each others children and surviving ex-spouses, child support and blending families. The Brady Bunch was a fantasy, for certain. Just sayin'.
- Tiny rant: What makes me crazy, as a mother, is after I've prepared an awesome dinner, which everyone eats seconds and thirds, and five minutes after the kitchen is clean, everyone is in the kitchen "looking for something to eat", as if they haven't eaten all day. Doug says "growing kids". ZJ says "Dessert please". I say, "Eat more at dinner." Just sayin'.
- Because of the shooting incident, I downloaded a police scanner ap on my phone and left it on for a couple of hours last night. Wow. That's quite shocking to hear all that drama in our little happy valley. I quite like my happy uneventful days. I also think I'm better off not knowing what's happening in the valley. Just sayin.
- Night before last, Doug shared a situation from his job. The whole experience made me think, and thank him, for the fact that I can be a stay at home wife/mom and not have to deal with pressures like that. My hat is off to women who hold down jobs and households! They have double duty and triple the stress! Later in the day, a friend and I had a conversation on the phone about how she wished that she didn't have to work in such a stressful environment. She expressed that she would love to not have to work at all because she wouldn't have to be exposed to so many things that are just a part of her every day. My heart went out to her. She has to work. I've said it before, I'll say it lots of times again. I love my life... we may not take trips around the world or drive a brand new car, but I'll take my lunch dates and ranch vacations and being a homemaker any day to a career. Women who do both deserve double the pay, Nobel Peace Prizes every year and lots of massages and footrubs! Just sayin'.
- SuperBowl weekend. A SUPER lesson to share on Sunday. A SUPER feast to serve the fam. Life really is good... just sayin'.
love is not about how much you say I love you,
but how much you prove it's true.