I went back to bed this morning after the kids left, just to get warm. While reading, my brother-in-law dropped by at 8, with some things for Zaylee. Then, I started texting back and forth with a few people and found myself in quite the silly mood. I started creating silly "tropical warm" Christmas songs like:
- I'm dreaming of a green Christmas.
- Let it Rain, Let it Rain, Let it Rain.
- It's beginning to look a lot like a monsoon.
- Sandy, the Beach Bum.
- Pineapples roasting on an open pit, Sunburns blistering your nose.
- Humid Night, Sultry Night. All is calm. Mosquitoes bite.
- Dashing through the Sand with sunscreen in your hand, over the dunes you go. Hotties all with tans.
Maybe you had to be there but it warmed my soul! The weather has also warmed up immensely! It's 12 degrees this morning! And a storm is headed our way, so that means it will be in the twenties tomorrow! Everyone teases me when I say I'm cold because everyone knows that I love snow so much. I do. I LOVE snow. But, I no likee cold!!!
I've had a few emails asking about the family... Here's an update:
- Dad's health continues to improve. He actually has gone back to working parttime! He's got a reason to live. Family! I'm convinced that's what it is!
- My brother is supposedly leaving town soon to move somewhere warm.
- No news on Mom. Same old, same old for her. So, I guess that's good news.
- Kelly is doing so well. I'm pleased with her progress. She loves her job, thankfully.
- Zaylee has learned to call my number on the phone and she calls often. She always wants to talk to ZJ and always wants to come over.
- Liza is warm. Which makes her happy. Buddy just continues to rock at school and work (the university), which brings more and more benefits and blessings to their life.
- No news on Dale and Willow other than he's blown some amazing glass lately.
- Best news of all... no drama for weeks! HAPPINESS!
A few other ramblings:
- It's January 9th and I haven't mentioned organizing once. I shared all of my organizing tips last winter. I had things organized before Christmas. Now, I am deciding on paint colors because it's time to redo my kitchen and living room over the next few months! I'm ready to lighten things up for a few years!
- Liza has challenged me to earn my Personal Progress Award. She's loving her new calling in her ward Young Womens Presidency. I've taken on the challenge and think that it will be fun to work on it with both of my girls at home since ZJ will be in Young Womens in March. She realized yesterday that her birthday is on a Tuesday, so she will get to go to YW on her very first day being twelve years old! I'm thankful for three daughters who love Young Womens! It helps that my younger girls have such great leaders. I'm overwhelmed by their commitment and the energy that they put into their callings! LOVE IT! LOVE THEM! LOVE THE GOSPEL!
- Speaking of ZJ's birthday, it's all she can talk/think about. This is her big one and she can hardly wait. Everyone other word is what she wants for her birthday, where we should go to eat, what she's going to do/wear/do with her hair for her birthday. It's too funny. I've never seen a child be more excited for twelve than her! I hope that we can live up to her expectation! Oh, and my biggest laugh with her is that she has informed me that when she grows up, she will buy herself a menagarie of animals including a duck that she will call "Gary". Go figure?
- Lunch with Nat today. Lesson prep and laundry this afternoon. I'm feeling a need to play cards with the gals. I may have to see if I can pull off a game night soon!
- The highlight of my day yesterday: We'd had prayer and the kids were in bed. Quayd came upstairs ten minutes later and said, "Mom. Thanks for that lasagna." He kissed me goodnight one more time and went to bed. I'm not sure why he did that, but I love those little moments!
- I was thinking about my life yesterday. Most days, of late, I keep my house clean, serve my family and friends a bit, take a little time for myself. My life is nothing out of the ordinary...Yet, I do feel extraordinarily happy. Even when life has it's "issues", there's joy. Really. We don't need EXTRA-ordinary days and events to consider our lives EXTRA-ordinary. It's those little EXTRA-ordinary moments that really make life what it is! AND..... Life is good!
It's a Great Day to have a Great Day!