Our spring project just keeps getting bigger and better. We've ordered the floor coverings and the work begins in two weeks... emptying the main floor of the house is like moving! Moving to the garage! YIKES! I'm still deciding on paint colors and discovering some other projects to attempt in the middle of this uproar. I'm not saying much more because tomorrow, it would be another story. I've got until next Monday to finalize all of the details. In the meantime, thank heavens for Pinterest and Houzz and lovely magazines and decorating idea books! It's what I've filled all of my spare time with over the past two weeks. All I know, is it's time! When Doug says, "Floor coverings are the priority", it's time! HAPPINESS!!!
My biggest issue with all of this decorating redo is that I'm not 100% up to par and I know me... once the job is begun, I (nor anyone around me) rests until it's completed! I no likee unfinished projects! So, the next few weeks will be interesting. The kitchen appliances will be out in the garage along with our bedroom, the living room and the dining room furniture. Co-ordinating everything to happen in the promised few days will take a miracle! We've carpeted an entire home before, twice, but both times, we were not living in them...and most definitely hadn't been there for fifteen years! In ZJ's words, this is like moving! We should buy that other house and just move into it instead! But, this house doesn't have 150 cows in the back yard like the other. We're not moving!
In other news...
- injection #2. It hurt, but I knew what to expect, so I just "put on my big girl panties" and dealt with it. The daytime was great. Last night was a bear. Please pass me learning what I'm supposed to from having this knee experience so I can move on to the next lesson in life!
- Check out this beautiful dear that was in the yard as I walked out to the doctor yesterday. She stood there for quite some time. Doug walked outside to grab something from his van last night and there were a dozen in the front yard. They are a beautiful sight, but I think she looks rather thin, which made me sad. Doug did too, so he even put some dogfood out for them. (Protein.) We've been keeping the compost pile full of all sorts of our food scraps. They love the onions...even the skins. Any veggies, they love. Interesting. Fascinating and beautiful to watch, they are.
- Random thought, but when I get the house back in order, I'm going to celebrate and have a party. It's been too long. Doug is encouraging it. Something to look forward to after I finish what I'm looking forward to! Everyone needs a good fire just when they finish the last one!
- Tonight is "New Beginnings", ZJ's introduction to the Young Womens Program in our ward. She is more than excited about it. She still has to wait until her birthday to start going to the weekly activities and Sunday classes, but she is counting down! A son driving and all three of them in the youth program. It's just crazy to imagine that time has flown by so quickly!
- I found this on Pinterest and had to laugh... lately, I get it!
- Valentines Day... is that this week? I think our romance this year will be involving paint swatches and box packing. Maybe a little Chinese take-out? As long as we are together, right?
- Today is my Uncle Bobby's birthday. He would have been 68 years old today. He was my best friend when I was in high school. He died of AIDS, just shortly after AIDS was "discovered". Yes, he was gay. But, that didn't matter to me one bit. I adored him!
(This photo, obviously, needs to be resized!)
This morning, he's on my mind. I loved his big beautiful brown eyes, his laugh and dancing with him. Oh, and the shopping we did. Miracle Mile on Miami Beach. NUMMM! I've always felt that Uncle Bobby was the "connection" that I had to the Bell family after Mom and Dad divorced. There were only four children in my generation...my brother, two male cousins and myself. This morning, I saw a story on GMA about favorite children. I was Uncle Bobby's favorite...the only girl, the one he could dote on, I do love him. I'm so glad that Ihad the privilege of being his favorite! The feeling was mutual! I miss him and think of him often, wishing I could share the important things in my life and hear him call me, "Baby". He loved life and made the moments count! I'm grateful for that lesson and example! Happy Birthday, Uncle Bobby! I love you every day!
- I'm off with a cabinet door to the paint store to try some wild hair I'm having in the middle of my crazy project! Lunch with Denise. Young Womens tonight. Life is good!
Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.