Ten things I'm hoping this morning:
- Gene is still holding on. I hope he passes soon and can be out of pain.
- Doug's mother is an amazing woman... strong and faithful. I hope she can enjoy the remainder of her life, as this past year has been a rough one for her.
- I hope I can be as strong as Doug's mom if I ever have to.
- I hope that I never have to.
- I hope I can get everything done after I take time to write my blog this morning.
- I hope I am alert while driving today. I wish I'd have slept more than five hours.
- I hope the roads are clear to and from SLC.
- I hope Aylabelle is a good girl on the flight.
- I hope Liza remembers the bottom part of the carseat.
- I hope the weather isn't subzero this week. Liza no likee cold!
Nine things I need to do before I get to the airport:
- Get the kids out the door.
- Shower and Get ready.
- Get gas, I think I'm almost on empty.
- Make a bank deposit.
- Check on Gene
- Clean the truck.
- Call SusiQ in Ohio!
- Call my dad.
- Clean my bathroom.
Eight people I loved visiting with yesterday:
- Doug's Mom
- My brother-in=law, Alan
- His wife, Jill
- My sister-in-law, Anne
- My sister-in-law, Barbie
- Gene's son, Dennis
Seven things I'm thankful for this morning:
- Having the gospel in our lives makes times like this makes all the difference in the world!
- My girls had the house company clean when I got in from the hospital last night.
- I get a whole week with Liza and Aylabelle!
- Technology... it's fun to watch Doug's mom be amazed by it all as we skype, have instant photos and copies, email. She called my iPad, "Sophia's magic box."
- Modern Medicine that can keep our pain at a minimal and help us through the end of life.
- Southwest Airlines!
Six random thoughts:
- I can now say, "I've written an obituary." Strange. It's long and detailed. Imagine that.
- Why can't we all take the time to know each other's life stories while we are alive! It'd be much easier to ask questions and learn more about the things we want to know more about!
- It's supposed to snow today. Liza loves Arizona for a reason. That's one of them. She does not take after her parents in that respect.
- I'm a few days behind on the Olympics, have not yet finished Downton Abbey and didn't see American Idol. I'm still alive. I'm glad that I only have one hour of TV a day! TiVo is wonderful. Next week, I will "unwind". This week, I won't slow down!
- I'm still laughing at Liza's practical joke yesterday.
- What if Gene suddenly rallied and lived ten more years even though the doctors said it would only be a few days?
Five things on this weeks agenda:
- Paparrazzi Jewelry open house at my house tomorrow night. Bring a friend!
- Probably a funeral.
- A family open house for Liza to get time with the Corbridges.
- A lunch date with Liza and her two cousins, compliments of Aunt Sophia.
- LOTS OF HUGS AND SQUEEZES!
Four words to describe me this morning:
- Rushed (I have 40 minutes to do the above list.)
- overwhelmed (with all that I have going on this week and the big question mark hanging over our heads... when?)
Three things I'm reminding myself today:
- The house will be fine... I'm not cleaning or giving home tours, I'm spending time with family.
- I am so blessed!
Two things I have been reminded of this week:
- We are all children of God, making us brothers and sisters. Literally.
- Nothing feels as good as helping others. Service to others is a gift you give yourself.
One thing more:
- In less than three hours, I'm hugging my girls!
LIFE IS GOOD! NO QUOTE! I've got 24 minutes to be on the road!