It seems like all I've done since our move is catch up on my blog! Between problems with internet, typepad and time, it's hit and miss at best. I'm one month away from my ten year blogiversary. Ten years! I've told Doug that I'm not burning out, I love the journaling factor, I love the connection factor, but recently, the technical difficulties have just about sent me over the edge and taken the fun out of it. I will definitely be moving within the next few weeks and am trying out a few different avenues currently. We'll see how it goes.
ANYWAY... it's been a crazy week with wonderful and exciting experiences for all. Quayd attended the Aaronic Priesthood Training Camp. We all went to the Corbridge Reunion and spent a few days together at the ranch with Alan and Jill on both ends of the reunion. We've had three very sick kids with strep. Lots has been happening. I'll probably take a few days to write about each individually, and share photos, which means that I'll have to do it slowly because of the issues with my blog.
Today, just a few short odds and ends and lots of errands. I didn't get to bed last night until 4:50 and I really need a good night's sleep. I'm hosting a bridal shower for Taylor, Carol's daughter, this week and have lots to do to prepare for it. I don't party and host parties like I used to because of my dang foot, so I'll be depending on my girls for their help a lot this week! After all the illness, everyone's going back to work as quick as they heal from the strep, we're getting back on schedule, just in time for school to begin in less than four weeks. YIKES. It's gone by much to quickly! This has been just a strange summer, but a lot of it, I'm certain, is just adjusting to the new home... summer without a garden, no pool, living in Logan... it's very different.
a few ramblings....
- It was cold yesterday! When we pulled into town Sunday night, we noticed an electronic marquee that said 103 degrees. I think it was mistaken, but it was hot. Then, Monday morning, I closed the windows and wore long sleeves and jeans today. Burr! Around noon, we had quite the rainstorm. For July, serious weather!! The news said, "Coolest July in eighteen years." That's for sure!
- Several people have asked what Doug's job change will mean for our family... it means we will tighten our belts a bit more. It's all good. For some good reason, we are both feeling quite alright about things. It will work out. Things always do. We are blessed!
- My mother is doing fine since Boyd's passing. She's dealing well with everything. It was a bad time for us to leave and be out of cell range, I feared, but she was just fine when I checked in as we got home.
- We have decided to sell our camp trailer. We don't have a place to store it here at our new home and because of the sprinkling system, we can't pull it to the back. The kids are fine with it because they want us to buy a new self-contained one. I don't think that they are capturing the "we've no place to park it" part. Anyway, that's another big project this week for Doug... to empty it and get it ready for sale. It's brought us great memories and fun... set up and parked right along side our home, in the yard at the cabin and twice, when we actually camped in it! ;) Strange, but life really has changed more this past year than ever before.
- Did I mention that we sold the pool, as well? Really strange! But, we do love that hot tub! I would never sleep were it not for late night soaks in it! And early mornings! Lots of people ask how we can hot tub when it's so hot outside, but one of the most lovely things about Cache Valley is that every night cools down and once August comes, it feels more like fall from sunset until about 9AM every morning already! That's hot tub time!
There's so much going on! I'm trying to get pix uploaded and feeling a bit overwhelmed and behind on the blog, which has been such a huge part of my every day for a decade but it will keep! We're living! Life is good!